Monday, December 2, 2019
7pm @ Tannen's
Jonathan is an actor, magician, television host and producer with an act you will long remember that encompasses sophisticated humor, mind reading and magic. His career began with one of the most highly acclaimed episodes of The X-Files, starring opposite Ricky Jay. He went on to roles in television and films such as Flashforword (ABC), The Others (NBC) and The Huntress (USA). Combining magic and hosting, Jonathan was seen on VH1 as the host and a judge of the celebrity reality magic series, Celebracadabra, and has appeared on Masters of Illusion (FOX).
As a magic consultant, he’s taught Jack Davenport to do magic on Flashforward, David Duchovny on The X-Files, Jesse Eisenberg, Dave Franco, and Isla Fisher in Now You See Me, and Steve Carell, Alan Arkin, and Olivia Wilde in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone.
Levit is highly respected in all areas of magic, including sleight of hand, mentalism, and magic history, where his work alongside Neil Patrick Harris and his recreation on stage as Howard Thurston has gained him respect amongst his peers.
In addition to performing throughout the world and on every continent (including Antartica), Jonathan regularly offers lectures to magicians discussing method, performance and psychology and he has acted as host and emcee for “MagicLive!” — the premiere magic convention in the world — in front of thousands of magicians gathering in Las Vegas.
In this highly acclaimed lecture, Jonathan teaches more than just the trick. Yes, you’ll learn some time tested foolers - effects straight from Jonathan’s personal repertoire – but he’ll also teach you about audience management, psychology, act structure, and developing your character. He will discuss turning a trick into an event, his theory of moving the moment, and the use of time misdirection.
Included in his lecture (but not limited to):
• A Force Like No Other This is a psychological force that involves 2 audience members. Jonathan will teach his psychology when working with a spectator to give the impression that a selected card is arrived at with no involvement from the magician, while seemingly taking place completely in thespectator’s hands
• Bill Switch Jonathan will describe his handling for a bill switch that allows the bill to truly never leavethe audience’s sight
• Mental Miracle This is Jonathan’s opening routine from his close up act in which he divines fourcards that are selected in four unique ways
• Over There An impromptu reveal of a selected card that emphasizes the build up of an effect
• Card at Any Number A selected card is positioned at any number called out by the spectator. Combined with performance technique, the impression is made that the cards were never handled by the magician
• Everything Changes This is Jonathan’s signature color changing deck routine in which a selected card, as well as pack of cards, changes color after being in play for some time during the routine
Jonathan will be discussing Performance and Character in construction and presentation of an act