The B4x3 was originally designed for storing decks in drawers or closets, so one of the most important features was that it needed to be 'stackable' to utilize unused vertical space. As the tray could also be used to display decks on a tabletop or shelf, it was decided to add a lid to the tray to provide protection of the decks while also allowing them to be nicely displayed.
Also included are nine 3mm and nine 5mm bamboo inserts to use as spacers between your decks (or to keep them grouped together). The different sized inserts provide greater flexibility when storing decks with different size tucks.
The B4x3 has overall dimensions of 30cm x 31.5cm x 4cm, with each row having an internal dimension of 28cm x 9.4cm x 2.5cm. The tray and lid weigh 875g or a little under 2 lbs. with the 5mm inserts.
Carat Card Cases by Carat Case Creations are the preferred playing card storage and display cases of discriminating collectors and designers. Carat Case Creations has worked with many of the top designers and printers to create custom cases, including, Butterfly Playing Cards, Cartamundi, Dead on Paper, Expert Playing Cards, Kings Wild Project, Rick Davidson, Midnight Playing Cards, Mint Playing Cards, Stockholm 17, Thirdway Industries and Vanda Playing Cards
- Displays 12 decks in three rows of four
- Eco-friendly, sustainably sourced natural bamboo coated with an environmentally friendly varnish giving it a smooth and elegant look and feel
- Nine (9) 3mm and nine (9) 5mm inserts to use as spacers in between decks or on the sides of the decks to keep the decks grouped together
- Weight of 875g or approximately 2lbs. with the 5mm inserts
The acrylic plate in the lid has protective film on both sides and an Exacto knife or other sharp blade is required to score the edges of the film prior to removal. Once the edges are scored, use a toothpick and pick at a corner to remove the film. (video provided)
Also note that the lid is coated with an environmentally friendly spray-on varnish. As the protective film on the lid window was adhered prior to applying of the varnish, there is a thin layer of varnish on it. When you peel off the film, the varnish will flake off, so it is best that you remove it in an area where you can easily clean up.
- Materials used: environmentally friendly, sustainably sourced natural bamboo and a 2mm acrylic plate
Internal - three (3) rows of 28cm x 9.4cm x 2.5cm
External - 31.5 cm x 30cm x 4cm
- Tray & lid weight - 875g or approximately 2lbs with 5mm inserts
- Additional item(s): nine (9) 3mm inserts and nine (9) 5mm bamboo inserts